- Watch Santa Smile as He Dances Round the Christmas Tree! A New Holiday Pattern + A Special Opportunity
- Diana McClun: Her First Quilts and Her Latest Quilts
- Diana McClun: The Other Half of the “Quilts! Quilts!! Quilts!!!” Partnership + EXCITING Giveaway!
- Quilts & Cookies in the Garden: Join Laura Nownes and Diana McClun for a Quilts!Quilts!!Quilts!!! Book Signing!
- A Bit of Inspiration from an “Errant” Quilter
Monthly Archives: January 2013
As a newbie quilter in the early 80s, I clearly remember attending an exhibit at the Oakland Museum titled American Quilts: a Handmade Legacy. The exhibit was outstanding, but what stands out in my memory is the film Quilts in … Continue reading
1. Candace Kling, the subject of my Tuesday post, has a wonderful studio with plenty of room to spread out works-in-progress and storage for supplies, tools, and everything else. It’s a shared warehouse space with a surface design artist/art professor, … Continue reading
I don’t think it’s a secret here at the blog that I’ve got a case of floral love. I’ve a habit of posting flower photos when I blog and dancing around blossomy themes and colors in much of my work. Which makes … Continue reading
If you read Part 1 of my post earlier this week, you know today’s post–Part 2–features instructions for the House block from my quilt, “It Takes a Village,” from Cuddle Me Quick. At the end of the instructions, you’ll find a few more examples … Continue reading
While visiting my mother-in-law in Florida last week, I took advantage of the beautiful weather to enjoy a seaside stroll, and happened upon an adorable 8-year-old girl drawing in the sand. I was quite taken with her, and asked if she would allow me to photograph … Continue reading
As we transition from one year of projects to another, we’re taking this opportunity to look back at some of those we finished in 2012. Perhaps there are quilts in the mix that please us or maybe even something stitch-less … Continue reading
At the end of 2011, we ran a post in which we each shared a few photos that we found inspirational for our quilting and other creative pursuits. That post turned out to be surprisingly popular, as visitors–both regular readers and new–continue to seek … Continue reading
In 1979, I took my first quilting class at Poppy Fabrics in Berkeley, CA. Little did I know how this class would change my life! Sharing my passion for quilts through teaching has been the icing on the cake. The … Continue reading