- Holiday on the Central Coast and The Winner of Laura’s Tea Towel Giveaway!
- Two Tea Towels = Simple Apron plus Gift Basket Ideas & Giveaway
- Watch Santa Smile as He Dances Round the Christmas Tree! A New Holiday Pattern + A Special Opportunity
- Diana McClun: Her First Quilts and Her Latest Quilts
- Diana McClun: The Other Half of the “Quilts! Quilts!! Quilts!!!” Partnership + EXCITING Giveaway!
Category Archives: Embellishments
Today I just felt like sewing. Nothing large, or complex. Just something that would let me play with fabric, and that I could start and finish in an hour or so. A summer or two ago, we decided to plant “a … Continue reading
Some sources say that it was Henry VIII who, in 1537, settled the English celebration of Valentine’s Day upon February 14–by Royal Charter, no less. At the time, he was married to his third wife, Jane Seymour. Jane, who was expecting, ultimately produced the long-awaited male heir, marking one of … Continue reading
1. Candace Kling, the subject of my Tuesday post, has a wonderful studio with plenty of room to spread out works-in-progress and storage for supplies, tools, and everything else. It’s a shared warehouse space with a surface design artist/art professor, … Continue reading
I don’t think it’s a secret here at the blog that I’ve got a case of floral love. I’ve a habit of posting flower photos when I blog and dancing around blossomy themes and colors in much of my work. Which makes … Continue reading
Need a last-minute Secret Santa or gift-exchange goodie for that party tonight? Stumped for a little “something” to present your holiday hostess? Searching for just one more “stuffer” for that special stocking? Here’s a quick and clever solution to all of the above: a smart … Continue reading
Would you agree that we probably do 95% of the gift wrapping for the entire year during the next couple of weeks? Are you looking for a few ideas to increase the “glam-factor” under your tree? I’ve always been a fan … Continue reading
I’ve been dragged kicking and screaming into the digital age; I’m much more comfortable in an analog world. I like to keep my technology at a minimum. A few years back, when the iPad made the scene, my reaction was typical: … Continue reading
What do the following little quilts–part of my self-imposed 30-Minute-a-Day Creativity Challenge –have in common? If you guessed beads, take your seat at the head of the class! As you can see, beads can play a starring role (the “prickles” on the cactus in … Continue reading
Check out these charming yo-yo flowers – aren’t they cute? They’re surprisingly fast and easy to make using the Clover “Quick” Yo-Yo Maker (the tool size is flower shaped-large). To make a yo-yo, all you need is the tool, a 5½” square of … Continue reading
The rainy season has ended here in Northern California… …and those April showers–as always–have delivered a bounty of beautiful blossoms. How can I not be inspired? If flowers in the wild and in the garden aren’t inspirational enough, a visit … Continue reading